Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving Recap

Okay so remember when I said there would be no more crappy pictures on this blog? Well I guess I lied. I forgot that I haven't mentioned anything about Thanksgiving! And I didn't have my cool camera then. So the pictures are pretty awful. Just bare with me.

I had plans to make us a wonderful breakfast that morning but before I got started, Nathan's mom called and invited us out to breakfast! Most of his family worked on Thanksgiving so we were going to wait till Saturday to celebrate. But breakfast together worked for everyone so we jumped at the chance!

We went to Cracker Barrel. I got the meal called 'Low-Carb Breakfast' which came with three eggs and turkey sausage. I suppose the waitress didn't like that idea cuz she said she threw in some toast for free! It cracked me up cuz it kind of defeated the point, but I slapped some jelly on there and enjoyed it anyway! Hey, it was Thanksgiving!






We didn't really eat a lunch. Just a few snacks here and there that I don't really remember.

I knew the big family get together was happening later but I still wanted to do something special for dinner. So Nathan came home from work to this beautiful sight.

Mmmm... Not traditional but easy and yummy and healthy!

Now, my favorite part of Thanksgiving goodies. I cannot express to you how much I love this creation. I was raised on Pumpkin Pies in a family that takes the perfection of the dish to an unhealthy level. But this beats even the best of Pumpkin Pies. I preset to you, Pumpkin Dump Cake.


Okay, so admittedly not the most attractive name, but it is the best thing you will ever put in your mouth! I had to give away 2/3's of it to friends or I would have been ashamed of my daily consumption. It is so bad for you but so good!

It is basically a pumpkin pie on the bottom with a super sweet and crunchy top. No crust. Crusts are over-rated anyway.

If you want to try it out here is the recipe. But I warn you, give some of it away! It makes a lot and it is hard to stop eating!

What you will need:

Filling:

  • 2 15oz cans of pumpkin puree
  • 1 can of evaporated milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • TONS of Pumpkin Pie spice (or cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice)


Topping:

  • 1 box yellow or spiced cake mix
  • 1 stick of melted butter




  1. Mix the first 6 ingredients together. 
  2. Pour in a greased 13x9 pan. 
  3. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the top. 
  4. Drizzle butter evenly over cake mix. 
  5. Bake at 350* for one hour. (a little less in a gas stove)


So easy! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving no matter what day you chose to celebrate on!


What was your favorite edible part of Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment