Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sailing through Saturday

Yesterday was such a fun and relaxing day. I got to spend a lot of time with Nathan and get caught up on some things around the apartment. It probably isn't anything that any one besides me would be interested in, but those days seem to be few and far between anymore, so I really enjoyed it!

Re-using leftovers (again)


Yes you heard that right! Cook once, eat three times!

Thursday I had made some Crock Pot Chicken Tacos for dinner. We had plenty left over but I don't like to serve the same thing up two nights in a row. So I put it in the fridge and kept it in the back of my mind as I tried to come up with a slight variation for it.

Friday I took a little of it to lunch in the form of a salad. It was delicious!



Yesterday I made it up into some quesadillas with a bit of it on a salad too. Lots of greens and lots of guac!


Quick and easy too!

After lunch we decided to treat ourselves to our favorite ice cream place. Braum's!



 

Dinner

 

Last night we had Chicken/Broccoli/Cheese Foil Packs. I have to apologize for the lack of pictures. My phone was recently updated and the camera now has a bug. But Nathan being the techy that he is, is fixing it. And he let me use his phone when he was around.

This is a super simple way to fix up a bunch of great tasting chicken!

Just cut the chicken breast in half, place on a greased foil sheet, put on some seasoning, (I used a little ranch dressing but garlic or BBQ sauce works great too!),



Then pile it high with frozen or fresh veggies (we used broccoli) and a bit of cheese,


wrap up the foil to seal in the moisture and bake at 400* for about 20 min.


So moist and full of flavor! We also had some saute Brussels Sprouts which we devoured in no time!

The Workout


I will be honest with you all. I almost didn't do a workout at all yesterday. It was 10pm before I got around to it and I almost fell for the whole 'it's too late just do one tomorrow' excuse. But then I told myself I had waited for tomorrow too many times in my life. Falling for that line usually leads to me feeling the same way about it the next day. So I just got up and got it done. I'm glad I did. I felt very accomplished.

I did a round of Lovely Legs Workout. Very challenging! I am really bad at ski jumps! I have to stop and laugh at myself sometimes! I just look (and I just am) so uncoordinated!! But it still gets my heart rate up and makes me sweat!


Hope you are having a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment