Saturday, November 17, 2012

Experimental Dinner

Yesterday was the slowest day at work. I actually started tallying up the phone calls we got. Grand total (after noon) was 10. So needless to say I was happy to head home!

Breakfast


Yesterday's breakfast was a grab-n-go. I have once again gotten out of the habit of making a protein packed meal and giving myself enough time to eat it.

So I grabbed a cup of yogurt, which did not keep me full until lunch. When will I learn?


The beams of light were unintentional but I thought it looked way cool! Yay for my accidental photography skills!

Lunch

 

Per usual I took leftovers from the night before and turned them into a salad.


The taco chicken over Romain lettuce with some shredded cheese was fantastic! So much flavor! And such a simple way to keep your lunches healthy and light!



The Dinner


Dinner last night was a little experimental. We have decided to cut back on eating flour, white or wheat. Which is very difficult for me. I love bread! Not to stay on this topic for too long, but I have been seeing better results faster since making that change. Just something to think about.

We do not cut out anything entirely (except soda, Satan's Poison), but I very rarely buy bread to keep in the house. Which makes nights like last night, when I was wanting to add a small bread item to my meal, very difficult. 

I wanted to finish off our leftover Spaghetti Squash before it went bad. And I wanted some bread with it. The only thing we had were some English Muffins that I had bought for a breakfast casserole. There were six in the package and we only needed four for that recipe so I thought, what the heck, it could be good!

So I placed them in the bottom of a pan, buttered them (tip: use soft butter!), added some garlic powder,

put the cold spaghetti on top,

covered with cheese,
and baked!



 It turned out much better than I thought it would! the texture of the english muffin was almost like a moist sourdough after it was baked. Maybe not something we will do often, but it is nice to change up your leftovers a little!

The Workout


I had a scheduled workout for last night but I have been feeling so stiff the past few days that I opted for some stretching time instead. You maybe thinking, why not do both? Well Friday night is practically the only time I get to spend with the hubby, so I try not to take up much of that time with anything other than him!

Stretching was just what I needed. After I was done I felt so relaxed that I thought about just going to bed. Then I realized it was only 9:30! So I cuddled up on the couch with Nathan and watched a movie.

Wonderful =)

Hope you have a great weekend!

Do you ever get creative with leftovers?

No comments:

Post a Comment