Friday, November 16, 2012

Frosty Morning

It's that time of year again. The time of year when I have to wake up early, look out the window, and decide how much time it will take to thaw out my car enough to drive it to work.

It's not too bad so far. But I need a new ice scrapper in a big way! This poor little guy could barley handle the windshield this morning. And it's only November!


I had an awesome one for years! But I let a friend 'borrow' it. You know how it goes ;). (Yay for jean Friday at work!)

The Food

Yesterday morning, since I was so prepared and organized, I grabbed an apple as I flew out the door. Another signature breakfast on the go! What can I say? I have got my life together!



Lunch was my Chinese Surprise leftovers. Not as great the second time. I threw most of it out. Sad day.

But all was well at dinner! Before I made my mad dash out the door, complete with the impressive breakfast in the photo above, I put some chicken in the crock pot! I covered it with chili powder and cumin.....

And then a can of Rotel, undrained.

I set it on low to cook all day while I was at work.

It took me a grand total of three minutes, but when I got home, dinner was ready!

I couldn't believe how easily it shredded with just a fork!

We threw it on some tortillas with guacamole, lettuce, cheese, salsa, and sour cream. Be jealous.

(Sorry again for the terrible pics, 
I have hinted enough that I think a camera may be in my Christmas presents!)

I am in love with my slow cooker. 


The Workout

Yesterday's workout was great! It was fast paced and had a great mix of moves which made the time fly by! But make no mistake, my arms were killing me! 


Wooo! I loved the combination of a 'low' move right after a full range move. So challenging!

We spent the rest of the night hanging out with some friends. We hadn't seen them in a while so it was nice to just relax and hang out. 

Your turn!

Do you use a slow cooker very much? (feel free to leave your favorite recipe!)
Have you had to scrape off your windshield yet this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment