Monday, March 18, 2013

B.Y.O.S ~ Bring Your Own Soup

If you have been reading this blog for any amount of time at all, you may have heard the word 'Colorado' thrown around a lot. Well the time has come, and a little earlier than expected!!

Our original plan was to move to Colorado May 3rd after Nathan's graduation. During spring break we went to visit and look for apartments.
 I also had an interview as a weight loss consultant. <---- How fun would that be???

To make a long story short, we got the apartment we wanted but would have to start paying rent in April. I also got the job I wanted but would have to start in April. Funny how things work out huh?

So next week we will be packing up and moving out!! I am so excited but also very sad to leave some great people behind.

A friend threw us a B.Y.O.S Party!! (Bring Your Own Soup)

There were lots of yummy soups, mine was homemade Zuppa Tuscana!!


Not to brag, but I actually preferred it to Olive Garden..... but that's just me! :)

And bonus points for soup with lots of leafy greens! That doesn't happen too often!

After posting the picture, I got some requests for the recipe. It was so easy it made me kick myself for not thinking of it before. It will be a regular winter meal in our home from now on!!

You will need:

1 lb Italian sausage
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
4-6 sm/md potatoes, cut into 1/4inch pieces
2 cups chopped kale
1 cup heavy cream


  • Simply brown you sausage, leaving at least two tablespoons of grease.
  •  Add onion and garlic, cook over medium heat until soft and fragrant.
  • Add chicken broth, bring to a boil.
  • Add potatoes, boil for 10-15 min, until tender.
  • Reduce heat. Add kale and cream
The end!! Too easy right??
It was a hit with everyone and the party was a blast!!

 

And yes, one of the games made me tie a kitchen towel around my neck, wear someone else's sunglasses and a set of keys on my head. Don't ask!! :)


P.S. I also had some cream left over.... stay tuned for another recipe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment