Thursday, November 29, 2012

Girl Meets World



My absolute, all time, favorite TV show ever is Boy Meets World. Hysterical! All the time!
Boy Meets World




Just good clean humor!

On the radio this morning I heard that they are bringing it back! Only it's "Girl Meets World" which will follow the life of Cory and Topanga's teenage daughter.

I had visions of this one show bringing back the standards that used to exist back when TV was good. And then, I heard the 'D' word.

Disney.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the classic Disney cartoons. Beauty And The Beast has been and always will be my favorite. But have you watched the Disney channel lately?

When it was announced that Disney would be making the next Star Wars Episodes, I immediately saw Justin Bieber look-a-likes dance-fighting with light sabers while singing. I'm still a tad worried.

So no, I don't hold out much hope for "Girl Meets World." Although I hope to be proven very wrong, I feel like it will be the equivalent to the 8th Air Bud movie, whatever it was called.


The Food


Yesterday I finally got up in time to enjoy a warm breakfast. Some oatmeal with a scoop of peanut butter. Warm and creamy.


Lunch was the last of the Spinach and Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken with a side of broccoli.

Dinner was something new. I found a recipe for Chicken Ragout, which I had never had before. Ever since Tina's Post about the benefits of Potatoes, I had been meaning to slowly work some into a meal. Plus the fact that I found some for 10 cents a lb didn't hurt either! I won't be adding them too often, as I still feel like it is way too easy to make them unhealthy and they are very starchy. But there were benefits that were surprising to me. Like a potato has more potassium than a banana!! Some more facts from Tina's post are...


A medium 5.3-ounce potato (with skin):
  • Has 110 calories
  • Has nearly half your Daily Value of vitamin C (45%)
  • Is one of the best sources of potassium (614 mg) and fiber (2 g) in the produce section.
  • Is naturally fat-free and sodium-free

Sounds good to me! 


I followed the recipe loosely and just did my own thing.

I think it turned out great!


What you will need:


  • 4 Large Chicken breasts
  • 4-6 small chopped potatoes
  • 1/2 cup chopped onions
  • 4-5 cloves of garlic
  • 1 large can of crushed tomatoes
  • black pepper
  • olive oil
  • Italian style shredded cheese



Heat your oil over med-high heat. Sear the chicken breast on both sides (about 5 minutes per side) and season with pepper. Remove chicken from pan.


 Sear the potatoes in the oil for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown, season with pepper. Add onions and garlic, cook until heated through (another 3-5 minutes).

Transfer the potato, onion, and garlic mixture to a greased 13X9 pan. Lay chicken breasts on top and cover everything with the crushed tomatoes.




Bake for 45 min - 1 hour until chicken is fully cooked and potatoes are soft.

Sprinkle with cheese.


Hope you love it!

Let's talk about it.

 What was your favorite tv show growing up? What do you think the new Disney Star Wars movies will be like? Or "Girl Meets World"?


Boy Meets World on life.
(Love this!)


No comments:

Post a Comment