Monday, December 17, 2012

Not Just Yet

I had every intention of jumping back onto the normal blogging swing of things on Friday. I had taken a few days off to fight off the flu and was feeling great and ready to get after it once again!

And then....

Tragedy.

The worst I have ever heard about.

I can't. Not just yet.

Natural disasters are devastating. Homicides are frightening and horrific.

Cars crash. Ships sink. Planes drop. People are hurt and killed. And all of these things break our hearts.

But there is something that goes so much deeper, when unprovoked violence is aimed at the innocent, the helpless, the defenseless, the tiny little lives that we all are responsible for protecting.

It's just sickening.

Although there will come a time for long conversations about policy and protection and how we make very certain that this never happens again, I feel like the best thing I have to offer now is my silence, my sympathy, and my most sincere prayers.

I have opinions. I have thoughts and ideas...... But I did not have a child in that building that day. I did not have to take a child to school this morning while my imagination ran wild with possibilities. I don't have presents under a tree for a child who will never open them. I don't know what that feels like.

But to those who do, I offer you my tears, my prayers, and for another day, my silence.


No comments:

Post a Comment