Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Philosophical Coffee Cup

The Dinner


Yesterday was a rough day for my poor tummy. I woke up very sick and was even a couple hours late to work. But fortunately it was just a bad reaction to some new medicine. It is normal and should go away soon.

Because of it, I really didn't eat much yesterday. No breakfast or lunch (I know, very unhealthy) and just had an apple for a snack. I also had a pack of crackers to help settle things. But by the time dinner rolled around, I still wasn't up to eating. That plus the fact that we had some bananas that were on their death bed meant that there was only one clear solution. A smoothie.



In the blender went:

1 1/2 banana
1 scoop of peanut butter
1 scoop of vanilla greek yogurt
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
A shake of cocoa powder
enough milk to make it a smoothie.

Yum. Yum

And my coffee cup is so philosophical. "Life is a Circle"
I have no idea what it means, but it makes me think of the Lion King and 'The Great Circle of life.' Wonderful thoughts over a nice cup of Peanut Butter/Chocolate/Banana smoothie!

The Workout

Last night's workout was a slightly more challenging version of Too Tough For Skinny Jeans

I made two changes. The first was to remove the 10 seconds of rest between each set. This kept more tension on the targeted muscle for a longer period of time. The Second was to extend the last set from 20 seconds of work to 30. The one leg wall sit was crazy hard! Give it a try! I dare ya!! ;)

The Breakfast


I am very lucky to have a husband who likes to eat healthy too. I don't have to nag or make two separate meals. And we hardly ever have junk food in the house. Sure we each have our little indulgences (mine is ice cream!) but over all we eat pretty clean. Nathan's indulgence would have to be cereal. And I don't mean Kashi or Fiber One. I mean like sugar-coated, processed-flour, cartoon-animal-on-the-box kind of cereal. He doesn't eat it every day, a lot of times he opts for something a bit healthier, but I try to keep some on hand for the days he wants it. This morning, as I reached for an apple with peanut butter, I decided I would have a bowl too! My stomach is still a bit on the fritz, but I didn't think this would hurt it any.

Cinnamony Goodness!!



Do you have a philosophical coffee mug? It seems to be a growing trend these days for coffee cups to be over-sized and very whimsical. I, personally, love this trend!

No comments:

Post a Comment