Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Superwoman's Leg Workout

The Workout


Yesterday's workout was a good one. It was a bit time consuming but it targeted all the major problem areas for my legs. I will be keeping this one for future rotation.

Superwoman's Leg Workout




Complete the two exercises in each superset back to back without rest. Each completion counts as one rep. For instance, One squat immediately followed by one Chair Step Up is one rep of Superset 1, which will be completed 20 times before moving on the the next superset. For Superset 3, 5 ballet kicks and 1 one leg squat count as one rep. And in superset 4 20 inner thigh lifts followed by 20 side leg lifts counts as one rep for one leg.

It can be a bit confusing, but once you start it should make more sense. And it is worth it! My sports tracker said I burned about 700 calories with this one!!


The Dinner


Last night after my workout I also went on a 2 mile walk. So by the time I got back home, Nathan had given up on me cooking dinner for him. He had eaten some leftovers instead of waiting. Any time I don't have to cook for two, I just don't cook. So since I had just worked out, I thought what better time for a protein and potassium smoothie??

Sadly we are out of peanut butter so this was simply a chocolate banana smoothie. But it still hit the spot and did it's job. The combination of protein and potassium attacked my torn muscles and this morning I already feel stronger with little to no soreness. Score!







In the blender went:

2 Bananas
Vanilla Greek yougurt
Milk
Cocoa
1 scoop vanilla protein powder




The Breakfast


This morning I wanted some bananas and peanut butter so bad! But alas, we had none. So I went with some peaches and vanilla Greek yogurt. Still super yummy!




Today is a rest day. So I plan to eat lots of protein, relax and maybe even get in a nap! (doubtful) Incorporating two rest days a week instead of just one has really improved the quality of my workouts. I have more energy and my muscles are repairing themselves more fully.


What are your plans for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment