Monday, September 17, 2012

Grocery Bingo and An Egg Experiment

The Workout

Well let me just say that I can't believe I haven't posted this yet. This weekend kicked off my "7 Days of Nathan's Birthday" celebrations so I was running around like a crazy person!! So it's a little late but it's still a great workout!


I named this workout 'Double Duty' because every move (except the cardio moves) works more than one muscle group. My workout buddy had been out of town for a week and unable to workout so I wanted to make sure she was getting a great total body workout while sticking with my schedule of a leg intensive workout. I think this was a great combination of the two!!

The Grocery Bingo

Nathan and I are on the student council for Cord, the married student community at his school. We had our annual Grocery Bingo event this weekend!! It was a blast!

Everyone got to fill out a blank BINGO card and if you won you got to pick out one grocery item.




What a great idea! Who couldn't use a few free groceries??

I had my eye on the watermelon but it was the very first thing to go!

Then I though, laundry soap! That stuff is expensive! And we are almost out!!

They were the very next two things to go!! Great minds... or something like that....



Three guys did all the shopping. So you know the majority of the items were on what I like to call, "The Sin Table."


Just walk away Amanda! It doesn't exist!! Hear no evil, see no evil, EAT no evil!!!


Hahah! In the end I won more than a few times, but all the good stuff was gone so I only picked up a bag of trail mix and passed on my other wins.

So fun!!


The Egg Experiment 

Last Friday, as I was rushing around getting ready for work, I noticed that my planned lunch had already been eaten. I wonder who could have done that?? Well, time to improvise! I had heard that you could make eggs in the microwave, and although that sounded pretty gross to me, I though it was worth a shot.

So I took a bowl and covered it with butter.


Then packed two eggs in a paper towel.


And threw all of my normal toppings in a ziplock bag.


Mmmm..... Crushed red pepper.....

So when I got to work, I pulled it all out of the fridge, cracked my eggs into the buttered bowl, covered with a paper towel and stuck it in the microwave.


Since I had never done this before, I checked it all the time. But I think it was about a minute to a minute and a half before they were done.


They were pretty good too! I like my yolk runny which they weren't but they weren't really dry like I thought they would be.


I added my cheese and a bit of salsa and I was a happy camper.


I of course prefer them made on the stove, but this is good to know for those times when I have nothing to take for lunch! Easy, fast, cheap, and healthy! All I ever want in a lunch!! 



What is your favorite on-the-go healthy meal? 

Also, I'm still gathering tips for a frugal fitness post! If you have an idea you would like to share I will link to your blog. Comment below or email!! 


3 comments:

  1. Ha! I would've picked the watermelon, too :)

    I thought of another tip - look for exercise DVDs at your local library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a good one! I go to the library all the time but I don't think I have ever looked for a workout DVD! I'm sure they have them! Good thinkin!! =)

      Delete