Monday, September 10, 2012

Busy Blender

My blender earned it's keep yesterday! I was in a very experimental mood so I just kept on throwing things in there! Some: Thumbs UP!! Some: eh.... But it is always fun to experiment!

Breakfast

I was not very hungry when I got up but I was super sleepy! I thought about just having a cup of coffee and calling it good, but I always regret doing that. Skipping breakfast or having a protein-less breakfast makes me want to eat everything I see all day long! No bueno. So the gears in my head turned and turned til I came up with this beauty of an idea!!

I'm gunna call it....

A Chocolate Carmel Protein Frappe!!

Oh yes. That happened.

Allow me to explain....

Take some frozen coffee

Add a splash of cold coffee (no I am not too good to use the stuff sitting in the pot from yesterday)

Add a splash of this stuff!! (oh so good)


And one or two scoops of your favorite protein powder..... I suggest adding it slowly, too much is hard to undo....


Then enjoy!! So cold, so creamy, so filling!! Yum-O!!






Dinner

Nathan worked late last night and I was all set to bring him a huge salad for dinner. I even went to the store to pick up all the things he requested. Then a friend bought him dinner..... oh well......
If you know me very well you know I don't like cooking for one. And I had all of the ingredients needed to try this awesome Pumpkin Smoothie that I saw on Pinterest!!

Source
I was pretty stoked! I love pumpkin!!





I threw it all in there and I just have to say.... disappointing... I tried to add things I thought would help it taste better but it was no use. The banana with the pumpkin just wasn't working for me. I added a bunch more yogurt and froze it. I hate wasting food, so maybe I will love it in frozen form!!

So I had some left over Spaghetti Squash.....




And then some grapes.....





But after a while I realized.... I needed desert!!

So since my smoothie craving was not satisfied, I had a Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie!! 



That did the trick!!


What is your favorite smoothie recipe??

No comments:

Post a Comment