Thursday, September 6, 2012

Around the World In Thirty Seconds

Today I have a new workout for you!!

I really enjoyed last weeks HIIT Arm Workout and thought I would start to write some more workouts in this style.
HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training. Basically, you pick your exercise and you set a time and you complete as many reps as possible in that time. When they say "High Intensity," they mean it.

You can download an Interval timer app to your smart phone. I know there are several free ones on the android market but I am not familiar with the apple market (or whatever it's called).

So for this workout you would set your interval timer for 6 rounds of 30 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. There are two exercises per set, so you will complete each set three times before moving on to the next set. Use the 30 seconds to really push yourself! Use the ten seconds to record your reps and get ready for the next move. Do not go so fast that you sacrifice form, but always be giving your all. It is only 30 seconds so if you are moving slow or not using a challenging weight, you will not be getting a good workout at all! Push yourself!  You get out of your workout what you put in!

I named this routine "Around The World In Thirty Seconds" because it features some of my favorite (meaning most hated and dreaded) moves that include countries in their names! 





For an explanation of any exercise please comment below or email me at eatmorerabbitfood@gmail.com. I will get back to you very quickly with either a word explanation or pictures/video.

*9/13/12  Note to self: You forgot Romanian Dead lifts!! Next time!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment