Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Damage

Why oh why are the weekends so hard?

It seems like every Monday morning, I wake up and think, "Okay, what's the damage?"

Here are some of my theories.

First, I find eating a very social activity. Really, when was the last time you were at a social event that did not include food? When was the last time you called up a friend you haven't seen in a while and asked them to meet your for.....a workout? A birthday party/bridal shower/wedding or any other celebration without a cake just doesn't seem like a party. And although I'm sure it is possible to go to the movies without eating sugary snacks, I'm pretty sure it is morally wrong.

All of these events revolve around food. And most of them happen on a weekend.

Second, lack of a schedule. I realize that this may just be me, but between the fact that Nathan works crazy hours on the weekends and that the above mentioned events are fighting for the weekend prime time, my eating schedule is whacked out!!

Yesterday, I ate lunch at our church picnic, but they didn't have much food that I liked. So I was hungry soon after and ate another 'lunch' around 3:30. Then I made dinner for Nathan, but I wasn't hungry. So I didn't eat dinner, but I was starving by 9pm! I try really hard not to eat after 8pm, but I was soooo hungry!! So I made a small salad.

This would never happen on a Tuesday!!

But identifying the source of the problem is the first step to solving it!

I am going to strive to keep my weekends under control. I have been doing very well at the various social events and I feel like I can keep that up. If there are several sweets, I choose one. I also eat small portions and don't make a meal out of snacks.
My eating schedule is what needs the most help. So from now on, just for the weekends, I will be keeping photo journal of everything that I eat. Hopefully that will put in perspective when and how much I am eating. 


(BTW: this is the cake I made for the picnic. For that story and more of my cakes check out my other blog.)
 


Fortunately this week's damage wasn't terrible. I even wore a tank top to the picnic! <----That's a big deal for me.

I basically stayed right were I was. I didn't make progress, but I didn't loose ground either. I did my workouts Friday and Saturday and rested on Sunday. I also ate healthy. I ate a lot, but I ate healthy. I'm good with it=)



Is it hard for you to stay focused on the weekends?





No comments:

Post a Comment