Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Three steps back = One HUGE step foward!!

I would just like to pat myself on the back for a quick moment. I have been doing an awesome job lately!!

Seriously, I have been doing my workouts 6 days a week and really pushing myself. I have gotten sluggish with my cardio, mostly out of boredom, but doing it none the less. And I have been shining with my eating!!

So this morning when I stumbled out of bed and onto the scale, I was very surprised at what I saw......+3lbs.

*Sigh* And why am I not eating ice cream again??

So after halfheartedly getting ready for my day, feeling down about my lack of progress, I caught a glimpse of myself in a full length mirror.

No....Really? That's me? Me +3lbs?

Oh Yes, there is progress.

It amazes me how often I have to remind myself to not trust my scale. It is okay to check it every once in a while and to be familiar with your weight, but come on, Amanda, you know better!

Muscle weighs more than fat. Always has, always will. And your current focus is building muscle. So yes,you will gain weight!!

Okay done talking to myself.

But there is a noticeable difference. My skin is tightening, my muscles are starting to peak through, and everything feels more solid, less squishy.

So I am happy=)


How do you measure your success? 

No comments:

Post a Comment