Thursday, July 19, 2012

Overnight Oats Newbie

Good Thursday to you!!

Last night/this morning, I made my first attempt at overnight oats. Here are some thoughts.

First of all, I reserve judgment of overnight oats in general, knowing that I did not follow the recipe like I should have. I couldn't find any Chia Seeds, I used regular yogurt instead of greek, and I used instant oats, which I was told work, but not as well.

All of those things considered here are the results.



It looks about how everyone else's has looked. It is a little less thick without the Chia Seeds, but I like that consistency anyway.

SO.....Things I like about it:

1) It was much creamier than regular oatmeal.
2) It was cold =) Great on Summer mornings
3) It was ready when I was.
4) It has so much potential!! Strawberries, chocolate, peanut butter......yum


Things I didn't like.


1) Well, honestly, the flavor. I used plain yogurt instead of vanilla and it was so sour. I put in peanut butter and honey, but I could still taste the sour in the yogurt. YUCK! Next time I will stick with vanilla yogurt or just break down and add sugar.


I even tried adding a banana.... No dice.


But since the only thing that I didn't like about it can be easily fixed, I think I have found myself a new healthy breakfast! Perfect to grab while I run out the door to work.


Any suggestions on where to find Chia Seeds? I looked up some of the healthy benefits of these little guys and I am eager to try them!


Well, I just barely squeezed in a workout yesterday. From the time I got home I had a million and one things to do. But I did it! Right before I went to bed=)
I really admire those of you who get your workouts in first thing in the morning. I have wanted to do that for a while. For me it is not hard to get out of bed that early, it is going to bed early enough to get any kind of sleep in. My husband and I are on very different schedules with work. If I went to bed early and got up early, we would never see each other. But his classes will start up soon and maybe then I can make the jump to morning workouts. Maybe he would even come with me! Doubt it. ;)

Any who, yesterday was leg day so all I want to do today, as I sit chained to my desk, is stretch out my legs. Some of the ladies here have been walking around the outside of the building on break. I may join them. But probably not today, these heels are not made for walking!

Do you have a desk job? Or an active job? What do you do to help keep you moving while your working?

No comments:

Post a Comment