Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal

Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness!

I have been hearing about so many people experimenting with pumpkin in oatmeal lately that I had to give it a try myself!

I am so glad I did!

I am trying to streamline my life as much as possible these days and so I decided instead of making a bowl every morning, I would bake up an entire batch to eat all week. It never got old I promise!!



What you will need:


For the Oatmeal Mixture:
  • 2 C regular/old-fashioned oats
  • 1/4 C brown sugar
  • 2 t vanilla
  • 2 T butter, softened
  • 2 C canned pumpkin
  • 1 1/2 C milk

For the Topping:
  • 1/2 C butter, softened
  • 1 C brown sugar
  • 1/3 C flour
  • 1/2 C regular/old-fashioned oats
  • 2 T canned pumpkin

Spices: To Taste (or just pumpkin pie spice)
  • cinnamon
  • allspice
  • nutmeg
  • salt
Preheat Oven to 350*

Combine fist six ingredients in large bowl. Add spice to taste. Place in greased 13X9 pan. Bake for 10 minutes.



While it is baking, combine all ingredients for the topping. Add spice to taste. When the oatmeal mix is done baking, add topping and spread evenly. Bake for another 5 - 10 minutes until all butter and milk is absorbed by the oats.

Serve warm with milk.



So yummy!!

 Things I would do differently:

This recipe is amazing! So tasty! If I am making it for a special occasion, like Thanksgiving morning or family in town, I will leave it just as it is. But if I am planning to make this on a regular basis, I think I will cut back a bit on the butter and sugar topping. The oatmeal part tasted great by itself and had significantly less sugar and butter.
I would also add some crunch with some almonds or roasted pecans! That would be fantastic!


Hope you try it and love it and leave a comment telling others to do the same! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment