Thursday, August 23, 2012

Love Lanuages And Other Things

Okay everyone..... I'm back!

After spending so much time with family (mostly my Grandma), it almost like I have to remind myself that I am in fact a healthy person.







Yea. Good old fashioned country cooking.... Simply put, add more lard. To everything. Oh. My. Goodness.


But I love that lady! How could I possibly tell her that biscuits and gravy are not the balanced breakfast she thinks they are?

Has anyone heard of The Five Love Languages?




In this book, five specific ways to give and receive love are discussed.

My grandmother has added the 6th Love Languages..... Feeding.

If she loves you, she feeds you.

She never even asks if you are hungry! It is not "Do you want something to eat?" It is always "What do you want to eat?"

But again, I love her dearly. =)


So anyway... I am back in the land of green things and plan to eat enough plants to put one of those long-necked-herbivorous-dinosaur-things to shame!! 




Oh! And introducing my new kicks!! 


Funky right??


I ordered them today so I should get them sometime next week. So excited am I!!
Here is a link to get them for a great price! I kinda wish I had gone with the purple.... That sounds like a good enough reason to get a new pair!! ;)





I know I am way all over the place but go with me anyway. Is anyone on ENDOMONDO?


It is a super fun app for smart phones that uses GPS to track your run. It tells you time, speed, calories burned, all of that. If you are on it you should be my friend! When you have 'friends' on the app you can even send them texts that are read to them as they workout. What a way to encourage someone! If you see that someone just took off for a run you could send them a little 'you can do it' every mile or so. I love that! So anyway I think everyone should do it, but that's just me. =)





Sorry my post is so crazy today! But I am sure I will get back in the swing of things soon.





What apps or other technology do you use to help encourage a healthy lifestyle?




No comments:

Post a Comment