Friday, August 10, 2012

Breakfast On The Go

Good Morning!

Has anyone heard the song 'Good Morning' by Mandisa?? Oh man! Go look it up! (Like now.....) Nothing shakes off the morning-sludgies faster! (I think I just made up that word. But that's what mornings feel like to me; Sludgy)

Any who.... for those of us who love sleep and despise dragging ourselves out of bed every morning, breakfast on the go is a beautiful thing!

I realize there are so many healthy options. Shakes, protein bars, fruit..... But let's get out of the box this morning shall we??

Now, I normally am a very good, self-disciplined, get-your-butt-out-of-bed-and-eat-a-healthy-breakfast kinda gal. But yesterday was a different story. I overslept and didn't eat a thing. =( It seriously threw my whole day off! I wanted to eat so much more and had such bad cravings for sugar and carbs. I made it through, but I was in the danger zone for a while.

Well, there was no way I was going to let that happen again today! So......


I woke up late.
I don't have any of the above mentioned healthy to go options.
I do have some unhealthy ones in the pantry (for the non-healthified people of the house).

Do I let these things distract me from my mission? Of course not. I improvise!

Yep. That's right.


Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Two eggs, over easy with some cheese on a paper plate. Breakfast on the go!!


Oh man did I feel silly eating eggs at every stop light! But hey, I feel full and satisfied. The protein will help my muscles recover after yesterday's workout. And I didn't eat a pop-tart!! Win-Win-Win!!!



What do you eat when running late? What was the strangest thing you have ever eaten while driving?

No comments:

Post a Comment