Monday, July 9, 2012

Houston, We have a problem

Oh no! Something was wrong with my computer this weekend. It would only load certain pages. I don't know what was wrong with it but hopefully it is not a consistent problem. It really is a bummer though cuz I had so many things to report!! UUgghh....

Okay so a quick recap.....



I worked out hard this weekend!! I have also decided on a new strength training technique. I am going to use certain days to target certain muscle groups. This is the method my husband (an intense body builder) uses. I made a few tweaks to get the results I want instead of the results he is going for.

Monday - Arms and Chest
Tuesday - Abs and Back
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - Arms and Chest
Friday - Abs and Back
Saturday - Legs
Sunday - Active rest

By giving my muscles two days to rest they are more able to repair the muscle that I have torn up while working out. Which means more growth faster! Trust me, I am not trying to be a she-man, bulky, body builder anymore than the next gal. But muscle burns fat. Even when you are sitting on the couch watching TV. And that sounds great to me!

I am also very pleased with my eating habits this weekend. I have been trying to add eggs to my diet and I think I have done a great job! I mean check this out, why wouldn't I want to eat eggs all the time?



One egg has 7 grams of protein ZERO carbs ZERO trans fat (the bad kind) 80 mg of Potassium (great for sore muscles) and all for only 80 calories!! Now I know what you may be thinking, "What about the 210mg of Cholesterol???" Well let me tell you, I am in the camp that believes that cholesterol is not bad for your heart (unless you already have a preexisting condition). Cholesterol is actually what is responsible for sweeping your arteries clean. The problem comes from inflammation (usually caused by too many grains). Your cholesterol is simply trying to heal the damage caused by these grains and eventually can cause a block in the blood flow, leading to a heart attack. I know that there are very few people who will agree, so remember, nice comments only. Please and Thank You =).

So I worked eggs into my diet at least once every day. And not just for breakfast. 


This is a protein packed meal!!


Tuna salad with hard boiled eggs!! Yum Yum!!


I also cut up a huge watermelon this weekend. I am sure that my husband likes watermelon, but he has not eaten any of it!! Well, I think I am doing okay without him. It has been two days and the white bowl is already gone! It is so great for TV snacking. All the mindless eating without all the guilt! 



The only area I failed in this weekend was water. I hardly drank any. But I choose to blame that on the photo above. Who needs water when you are practically inhaling this much watermelon?? I felt plenty hydrated all weekend, thank you.


So that's it in a nutshell! I had two eggs again for breakfast and a cup'o coffee!

I will be posting another workout soon! Just working out some of the bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment